Plastic Chain: Where to Buy the Best Chains for Crowd Control
Plastic chain can be a very effective solution for crowd control. But if you don't buy it from the right supplier, you could run into big problems.
- A plastic chain from a retail store can cost 3-4 times more than what you need to pay.
- Poorly made chains can break within just minutes.
- If chains aren't attached to the proper stanchions, they won't keep crowds back.
- One size chain does not fit all – you must get the proper length!
Buying a plastic chain may seem like a quick, cheap solution for crowd control. But if you don't take your time to find a reliable supplier, then you could end up wasting your money and time on chains that are virtually useless.
Use this quick guide to make sure you get the exact crowd-control product you need, at the best prices anywhere.
Plastic Chain Suppliers: Retail Store vs. Online Distributor
What's the difference between buying your chain at a local store and getting it from an online wholesaler? Price and selection – both of which should be very important considerations.
Whether you need chains for lines of people outside your business, to guide crowds through facility tours or for other purposes, you must be sure to look closely at the price tag before you buy.
Your local wholesale club might have exactly what you're looking for, but you may not realize that the price is way higher than it should be.
A retail store will typically have inflated prices – and a very limited selection. Most stores don't even carry vinyl coated chain like the kind you need for crowd control. But if you do find it, you can expect to pay a lot more than what other suppliers charge. And, if you're hoping for different colors, chain thickness or other options, forget about it.
An online distributor like StanchionExperts.com will give you access to a lot more types of chain online – at low wholesale prices. We offer lengths from 30 to 500 feet, in a variety of colors and different sized links. We will also beat any advertised price, so you know you're always getting the best deal.
Plastic Chain Buying Tips
Buying plastic chain
doesn't have to be a difficult decision, but there are a few things to consider to ensure you buy exactly what you need.
1. Measure first. Don't guesstimate the amount of chains you need. Measure your space first, so you don't end up with too much or too little.
2. Remember to account for hanging. To make your chain attractive, it should hang generously between stanchions. It should NOT be a straight, tight connection from post to post. This is important to remember when you're measuring. Buy longer lengths to ensure the chain can hang properly.
3. Consider the strength you need. If you're only looking for simple plastic barriers, chances are you're not too worried about the overall strength of your chain. But keep in mind that crowds are different at every event. Your standard 1-inch thick chain will probably do fine, but if you need something bigger and stronger, look for chain manufacturers that offer links up to 3 inches.
4. Choose the appropriate color. For most purposes, simple white chain or black chain will do the job perfectly. Bright colors tend to look less professional, unless they match the décor or the mood of the event. At StanchionExperts.com, you'll find colors for nearly every occasion, including black, white, blue, green, red, yellow and more.
5. Don't forget the accessories.
Beyond just the vinyl chain itself, you'll need the extra parts to connect them to posts and other chains. This can include plastic S hooks, repair links and snap ends – all of which you'll find here at StanchionExperts.com.
More Formal Alternatives to Plastic Chain
When shopping, you may discover that you need something more formal than vinyl coated chain. For example, if you're running a high-end retail fashion store, or an exclusive night club, then you'll want to use higher-quality crowd-control products that make your customers feel more welcome and important.
Retractable belt stanchions are great alternatives to plastic chain
and provide just as much versatility. The belt creates an effective barrier that can be retracted as needed. Plus, you can choose from a wide variety of belt colors and post finishes.
Rope stanchions are another elegant option for formal events, galas, and other uses. Ropes at StanchionExperts.com are available in luxurious velour, twisted polypropylene and other styles. These provide a more formal look than chain, helping to elevate the importance of your event or business.
Start Your Search Now
Get the widest selection and best prices on chains online at StanchionExperts.com. We want your shopping experience to be as easy as possible, which is why we offer solutions for every need and budget.
Plus, we are committed to providing exceptional customer service to answer your questions and help you find exactly what you're looking for.
Browse our site to compare the many types of crowd control solutions we offer, including chains, stanchions, ropes and other products. If you have questions, simply email email@example.com or reach us by phone at 877-803-1483 Monday-Friday from 9:00 am to 6:00 pm EST.
Call 877-803-1483 for industry-leading low prices on plastic chain.